Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

365 pictures for 2010

I've seen this idea on a few other blogs and I decided it would fit perfectly in with my photography goal of taking more pictures this year and getting better with my camera--that is to take a picture every day for the year 2010.  Can I do it?  I'm gonna try!  It would be even better if I could post something everyday, but we won't get ahead of ourselves here.  I have always thought it would be nice to just post a picture or a little something every day, what a great way to remember things, even the little things!  So, my pictures may not be very exciting everyday, because not every day is very exciting around here.  Some days will just be a representation of my true every day life, so maybe you'll just get a picture of a sink full of dishes, lol.  Okay, not really.

But, that leads me to another thought I've been having for a while...how do I say this?  It's easy to paint a picture of perfect on a blog to everyone out there.  I think I may have done that in some way, and not have let my every day struggles show too much on this blog.  That is, of course, the goal of my blog, is to focus on the good things in my life, which is why it's named "color me happy".  I need to focus on the happy things in my life, it helps me each day when things aren't always so happy.  But, I don't want you to think that I'm perfect, or for you to think that I think I am perfect or that my life is bliss, does that make sense?  So, with that said, I hope to let a little more of my less than perfect self show through this picture a day thing (a hard thing for me to do).

So here's the picture(s) of the day:  #16





I was so excited to come up with this idea!  My boys have trucks, and I always get tired of trying to find a place to park them.  I've been trying to decide what to do with these shelves, and it came to me when I started just parking the bigger trucks in the bottom...have a truck/vehicle parking garage.  It's a 9 hole cubby that I got from Target, and I stuck it in the boys' closet.  Mr. Atomic loves his truck parking, and he even helped me make the sign pictured above.  I think we'll make a better one someday, but that's what we came up with for a quick sign.

2 comments:

dana said...

what a great idea! and even though you arent perfect you are pretty dang fantastic!

Trishelle said...

What a cool idea! I love that sparkly paper on the parking sign!