Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Valentine lollipop bouquet




My kids liked making this craft, we finished today.  The idea for it came from "no time for flashcards".  Looks like we forgot to decorate the cup, and we used a different kind of lollipop.  It was a rough week for us here, so this was a nice/fun project to end it.

Creative fun project:

popcorn ball sculptures
 



Miss A8 with her creation

We had a whole box of pre-made halloween popcorn balls leftover, and I didn't want to keep them around anymore (they were probably stale anyway, and nobody really liked them).  So, what I love to do with old food before we throw it away (if possible) is play with it (but I don't make this my goal with food :-).  Anyway, the kids were very excited when I pulled out all the popcorn balls out of the baggies and gave them some sticks to poke them with.  I gave some suggestions of snowmen, snowballs, and animal creatures.  They came up with dumbells, hammers, and structures.  OK!  It was fun to see what they did.


 
 Mr. A3 asked for some gloves because he didn't like how the sticky ball felt.

 
 And here's A1 with his hammer ball, makes a great noise too!


Home schooling one day at a time--as long as it takes

Desiree

1 comment:

Miller Moments said...

That is a super cool idea!