Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The color red and the letter "X"--preschool corner

We have had a happy week here at our house.  For preschool my boys had a red day (with some activities), and the letter of the week was X.

It's a rare day when my Mr. A3 is excited to get dressed.  When I told him it was red day, he hopped to it, and with a smile!

Here are both boys playing in red.
 
Then Mr. A3 started with his first red activity, and that was building his "Mack" truck from mega blocks. 
 
Almost done!  We worked together on this one.
 
Then he taped red tape on paper, and I don't have it pictured but he decided to cut up his paper after it was all taped.
 
Here is the littlest tot, I gave him red circle stickers and then he decided he wanted to color with the red marker.
 
Mr. A3 made this valentine craft from "no time for flashcards".  It's a valentine's shaker.  After he finished painting it we put valentines colored pom pom's and bells inside and stapled it shut.  It turned out very cute.  Forgot to get a picture of the final product.
 


Now for the letter X.  

Here is one of our favorite new things!  He is driving his car on the letter X and while he was doing this he was making the sound of X (thank you letter factory :-).  I found these highway abc cards here.  I laminated it too so we can use them again later.
 
He also made an x is for xylophone letter of the week, found here.
 
And, he did do-a-dot art, x is for xylophone from makelearningfun.com.
 

Now he wants to do a ducks theme, any good ideas?


 

Home schooling one day at a time--as long as it takes

Desiree

2 comments:

Mama Jenn said...

Love the highway X. I will definitely have to check that out!!! My boys would love it!

Angela said...

I love the Put the tape on the lines idea.