Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Workbox fun

Some 3rd grade workboxes from this week:

Sequential spelling:  We've decided to get this book out again.  We took a break for a while, but since we've brought it back, and I've let her check her own spelling, she's kinda liking it now.

Art:  This is a 3rd grade art project from this blog--"Deep space sparkle art lessons for kids".  It has some great lessons, and my daughter enjoyed this.  This is the easy winter landscape, but she wasn't too happy with how it turned out.  I made the mistake of showing her the other kids' examples on the blog after she was done, and then she really didn't like hers.  She thought her trees looked like cactuses.  I told her we could do it again if she'd like, but I always have to remind her that there's no right or wrong with art. 
 
Lapbook:  She added another element to her Lanie lapbook.  These are mini books found at the homeschool share website.  She did Lanie's pet and hobbies.  She decided to just draw her pet bunny, and used the draw write now book to help her.

 
Copywork:  This was in Miss A8's workboxes to pick a poem from the book It's snowing!  It's snowing! and copy it in her copywork book.  She really enjoyed this for the first time.  She's not a big fan of copywork, but she's coming around.


Preschool boxes
 Craft:  This was an elephant craft that I had to go with Elmer's special day.  It was making an elephant out of hearts, but my preschooler never touched this box.  I even tried pointing it out a few times.  He wanted nothing to do with it.  Oh well!
 

This box wasn't very popular either, but Mr. A3 wants to start learning/doing things with ducks so to start out I decided to let him have some fun stamping with these rubber ducks, possibly too young for him, but I thought he might enjoy the rubber ducks.

Letter of the week:  We had several X boxes, and this was one of his favorites.  He liked driving the cars on the letter X. 
 

These are just a few of the boxes we had this week.  Today we had some fun things in the boxes but I didn't get all the pictures.

Home schooling one day at a time--as long as it takes

Desiree

2 comments:

Mama Jenn said...

Even though you son didn't like it, I am LOVING the Elmer activity!!!

Sea Star said...

Did you come up with the Lanie Lapbook yourself? I have thought about doing something with the Lanie book this year. My daughter really wants a copy of it and I thought about it but haven't gotten it for her yet? Is it good?