Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Meet Lanie-American Girl 2010...

...meet A8's new lapbook:




I am so lucky and thankful to have a daughter, and I'm excited to have fun girls like this...Lanie, for her to read about.  My daughter is 8 years old, and loves American Girls.  So, we do a lot of stuff that revolves around the books because that is what she's very interested in right now.  As soon as she saw this new girl for 2010, she was very excited (she visits the American Girl website almost daily).  Then, we went to Target, and they had the book, talk about even more excitement!

So, we brought the book home, and she decided (at the same time as I was thinking it) that it would be fun to do a lapbook about Lanie....







 So, her new lapbook about Lanie was born.  It's so new that there's not really anything already pre-made for a lapbook, so we're going to do it ourselves.  It'll be the first lapbook that we've done entirely from scratch.  It's looking good so far!  In the picture above is the cover with a flower (made by A8) and a caterpillar (also made by A8 with pipe cleaners).  She came up with the cover on her own.  This American girl is all about nature and science, so this should be a fun one!  I've already got plans to do a pully system experiment (read chapter 1 to know what I'm talking about).  I haven't read the whole book yet, but it looks like a good one!

Here is the first mini book on the inside.  A flap book about Lanie's family, with some specific questions to answer.


Home schooling one day at a time--as long as it takes

Desiree

1 comment:

Miller Moments said...

I love American Girl and because I don't have girls....I just have to buy them for myself! I went to the store in New York and bought Kirsten a few years ago. I didn't want to pack her in my suitcase, so I carried her on the plane. You should have seen that! A 35 year old woman carrying her doll with her. :)