Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Winter Olympics craft

I'm sure some of you have seen this already, but I found this 3D olympic craft at No time for flash cards and did it with Mr. A3 last Friday morning.  He loves to paint, and knows nothing about the olympics so I thought this would be a fun way to introduce it to him.

First, I had him pick all the colors for each olympic ring, then he painted a toilet paper roll one of the colors: 

 

Then I had this sheet from Enchanted learning explaining the olympic rings and the order the colors are supposed to go in so he could match it up:
 

Here he is just playing with the rolls before we glued them together:
  

Then using clothes pins and glue we stuck them together to match the olympic rings.  He really liked sticking the clothes pins on:
  

As a fun side craft I decided to try something else, and painted the rest of each paper plate that he used to paint the toilet bowl rings.  After they dried I cut the middle out to make a ring:
  

Then we put the paper plate rings together too, and I purposely left a cut in the ring so he could take it apart and do it again.  He did it once, and then was more interested in the middle parts, cutting them up and such.
 

 Now we're just enjoying watching bits and pieces of the olympics.  He really liked the snowboarding tonight, and he was amazed when he saw the figure skaters go really low to the ground without falling.  It's fun to see a 3 year olds reaction to these kinds of things!
Home schooling one day at a time--as long as it takes

Desiree

No comments: