Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Our new picnic table

I've been waiting for this table since last summer, and it's finally done!  Yay!  Michele built it last weekend, and then sanded it and finished it this weekend.  This is not the greatest picture, because it's inside our dining room right now.  We are using it for a temporary table while our old table is going to be made into a new brooding box for the chicks.  They aren't quite ready to go outside yet, but the need more space!  I have to say I love the length of this table.  Having so much space today was nice for school and eating.  We didn't have to clear the whole thing off just to eat.  But, as you can see it takes over our whole dining room.  So, our new table is going to hopefully be a little longer than the old one, but shorter than this one.  At least that's the plan.  Hubby is still thinking about whether or not he's going to build one.

Can you see the Alex ham?  He totally thought I was taking a picture of him...


P4160832

He finished it in my favorite color.


P4160836


I didn't get any work pictures of Michele, but we got this fun one of April trying out the power sander.  She loved trying it out.
P4140823

P4140822

This table didn't come without any pain!  My dear Hubby hurt his back building it, and was down for a day afterwards.  I thank him for all his hard work and all the things he makes for our home and family to make it a better place!  Homemade stuff like this just makes me so happy.  Oh, and when this picnic table moves back outside hopefully we'll have a table that looks something like this:  Ana White Farm house table.  Don't know if that's the exact plan yet, but that's one of the ones we are looking at.

Oh, and one more thing that Michele has built to help with organization that I'm super thankful for is our new laundry basket shelf system in our closet to store our sheets and bedding.  It was inspired by this, but actually looks way different.  I can actually walk into our "walk-in" closet now!  I walked into our closet twice today to put sheets away, and I can't believe how much easier it is.  I have a basket for each sheet size--twin, queen, king, crib/baby, etc.  Maybe I'll take a picture sometime.  I love little changes that can make life so much easier.  Thanks to my Hubby for building it!


No comments: