Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

P4070741

My thoughts on Easter this year:

~We had such a fun filled weekend with my in-laws visiting, Easter egg hunts, swimming, dinner at Red Robin, going to church, and a lovely Easter dinner.
~I have loved the focus that I took these last few weeks to talk a lot to my kids about the story of Easter, and all the events that took place during the last week of Christ's life.  I want to do more next year.
~I'm so glad that all the activities and stories we have read have prompted questions from my kids, especially Aaron.  I think this is the first year that he really understood that Christ did, in fact, die for us.  He's still wrapping that one around his brain, but I think he's getting it.
~I'm finding that I want to do less and less of the commercialized part of Easter.  I had no desire to even color eggs this year, but I would've if the kids had begged to.
~Our Easter dinner conversation was so nice, but also hilarious!  I wish I had that one on tape.  It mostly consisted of the boys trying to figure out who died, when, and why?  Not that deceased family members dying is something to laugh at, but they would get confused and ask things like from Aric to his Grandpa:  "Your Dad died??!!" (in a very surprised, like it just happened, kind of reaction)  It happened many years ago, but this is news to his 3 year old mind. 

Some other pictures from the weekend, and from other Easter activities last week...

We went to Bauman Farms for their big hunt.  Here's everyone taking a peek at what they got.  Alexander is very excited about that tootsie roll.
P4070738

Aric was very sad that he only got 4 eggs.  It was a mob!  I am liking these egg hunts less and less each year.  Not that I think he should have gotten more, but just that I don't like the greediness it brings out in people.
P4070737

Aaron did the best.  He got 11 eggs.  The limit was 12.  I lost him though, so he really booked it to get the eggs.  He got 2 free ice cream cones, and 2 free donuts, and was so nice to share with his siblings.  Not that he had much choice, but he didn't really mind :-)
P4070735

They also had the jumping haystack included with the egg hunt so we did that a few times.  The kids loved jumping!  Alexander just laughed as he got bumped around.
P4070734

This is so Aaron.  This picture makes me laugh.
P4070732

It's basically a big pillow with air in it, so they are pretty high up at the tallest part.
P4070730

It was so funny to see this kid just bouncing and zipping around, he moved so fast because he's so small and light.  He just bounced right along.
P4070729

We made resurrection rolls...which were delicious, and worked perfectly.  We used colored marshmallows because that's all we had.  This is the 2nd time we have done this, and I think we'll make it a tradition.
P4050725

We sent happy Easter mail.  It was so fun packing these up and dropping them into the big blue mailbox.  And, they went through!  Each kid got to pick a friend to send one to.  It was hard because I felt bad about siblings not getting one.  I would have loved to send one to every friend.  We also sent cards to Grandma's.

P4030724


Hope you all had a nice Easter weekend!

No comments: