Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The many hats that Alexander wears

Now that Alex is 14 months old I'm not doing his monthly updates, but I wanted to share some new things he has started doing for my own records, and in case you all are interested.

P2270324
Hufflepuff!


I noticed a tooth today finally!  It's his top tooth, but it's a tooth!  I was very excited to see it.  He won't have to get any baby dentures now (just kidding, I don't think those really exist :-).

He is climbing!  He has figured out how to climb whatever he can get his little legs up on, and that's most anything that's his height.  He even climbed on top of his cozy coop truck the other day.  He thinks it great to climb up into the chairs.  I don't think my others were this brave, this early.

He loves to write with a crayon or marker, and he totally gets it too.  He understands that what he is holding will write, and so he tries to write on paper.  This kept him busy at Red Robin today while we were waiting for our food.  He thought the crayons were all for him, and he held one in his tiny little hand and made careful lines all over the menu.  Not really scribbling, just lines.  I was amazed that this would keep a 14 month old busy.  It was fun to watch.

He dances whenever music is on, and it is so cute.

I noticed him running back and forth through the house the other night, like the big kids do.  He's never done that really, so it was funny that he decided to just start running back and forth.

He thinks he is pretty funny when he unfolds my piles of laundry.  Why?  Why the laundry?  I have a hard enough time keeping/getting it folded.  It's a good thing he's cute.

P3040425
I know some good cookin' when I see it!

He likes ribs.  We had ribs the other night, and he loved just chewing on them.  This kid loves just about any kind of meat.  He seems to prefer it over anything else at meal time.

He gets pretty worried around loud noises, and we recently went to launch rockets as a family, he cried every time the rocket went off.  We also have a toy fire engine that makes him cry every time the sirens go.  Not necessarily because it's loud, it's actually pretty quiet, but he just doesn't like it for some reason.  We have had to put that toy up because it really makes him so sad.  It's a sad cry too.  He is pretty sensitive to noises.

That all I can think of for now.  I'm sure he'll be doing lots of new fun things everyday for a while.  He's at such a fun age.  It's so fun to see him discover his world around him!

P3010387
The cat in the hat!

No comments: