Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

how they are doing

Just some pictures and an update as to how our little chicks are doing.

They are getting big already.  They just love to get out and explore on the table!  We've had one escape the box, found her out on the floor.  They also like to perch at the top of the box.  We may have to put a net up over the box soon!

As soon as there is a warmer day we may take them out back and let them play in the grass for a bit.  They are getting a bit cramped in the box.

P3270604

Of course, we now have many pictures being drawn and made of our new chicks.  Aaron drew this one of his Blackbeak.
P3300636

I helped Aric make this little chick craft, and we colored it to look a little like his Lemonade.
P3300637

And, this is what I usually see when I look down into the box.  She was just staring at me with her head cocked.  It's so cute.  I think she was wondering if I was going to take her out.
P3300638

We are still trying to figure out a coop.  Part of me thinks it would be nice to just buy an already made one like the Eglu.  I really like the Eglu, but it's 'spensive.  We only have a few more weekends left before we may need it though. 

No comments: