Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wordfull Wednesday: Easter memories

I was trying to come up with some Easter memories, and this is what I came up with.  These are some of my favorite pictures from when April was only 3 years old.  These days are gone so fast!  I have very few memories of Easter from my childhood, except that we got Easter baskets, and we would get to search for them on Easter morning. 

aprileaster


Each year I'm trying to make more of an effort to make my children's memories of Easter happy and meaningful.  This year has been especially great because we have really been able to do some great things around the story of Christ and His death and resurrection.

But, we also still love all the other parts of Easter, the baskets, the eggs, a little candy, flowers, dressing up in beautiful Sunday outfits, and egg hunts.  These memories are priceless.  And, my kids ask to do these things over and over again.

I remember this year.  Aaron was almost 1, look how small he is!  April was 5.  I remember cutting a lot strips of colorful construction paper to trail all along the floor, and the table.  I even put some of the strips in the bathtub where I hid one of their baskets.  It was a mess, but oh so fun!
easter

I remember when April was 2 she LOVED Easter egg hunts.  She would be happy if we threw a bunch of eggs all over the living room floor for her to go "hunt" for them.  She would do this over and over.

This picture is from the Bauman Farms Easter egg hunt a few years back.  She didn't get any eggs because we were late.
apriltractor
We used to go every year to the big Easter egg hunt down in Springfield.  Here she is either 3 or 4.  We haven't gone down the big Easter egg hunt for a few years.  I don't know why, but it was a pretty fun tradition.  Maybe next year we'll make it a point to go back.  The kids still ask to go to the "big hunt down by Grandma's house", and we haven't gone for a while.
PICT0899
This picture is from when Aaron was almost 2.  We love to spend Easter with family, and it looks like Grandma and Grandpa were at our house that year.
PICT2581

It was fun looking back on the Easter memories I've made with my kids.  Wish I could remember more from my own childhood, but oh well.  I'm thankful to have started some great traditions with my family.  I think it will get better and better each year.

I'm linking this up with Chocolate on my cranium's wordfull Wednesday  linky.

No comments: