Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter colors book

We are doing a lot of things (or at least trying) to celebrate and get ready for Easter.  One of the things we are doing is the Discover the Joy of Easter by reading the story of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and doing crafts and activities that go along with it.

One of the first activities the book suggests is to make a easter colors book.  So I got each color of the rainbow in a pastel color and put them together in a book.  Then I had them draw or write things on each color that reminded them of Easter or Christ.  For example on yellow I wrote light of Christ in the center, and then drew things that would represent the light of Christ and/or Easter like a picture of the sun (Spring time means more sun, and also is a great source of light).  April copied all the pictures that I drew on each color, she liked that.  The boys not so much, but that's okay, it's more about the discussion we had with each color and how it could shown.

P4027950
Aaron is working on his yellow page and decided to make a pattern out of eggs.  But, he did try to draw some other pictures on other pages, and copied some of my words.
P3297929
Aric mostly just put whatever he wanted in there.
P3297928
Here is April drawing the sun on her yellow page.  I also had out stickers and other things they could put on their pages.  I thought it would even be fun to cut pictures out of magazines, but we didn't do that.
P3277927
I will try to post more of the activities that we do with Discover the joy of Easter.  Happy Easter!

No comments: