Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cheesy chicken and rice casserole

 I am not sure where I got this recipe from, I think from some label or online possibly.  It's easy and yummy if you want to throw together a quick dish.

Oven temp:  375
Time:  50minutes or until done
Serves:  4-6 people 

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/3 cup water (fill up the can from soup, same amount)
3/4 cup uncooked rice
onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cups vegetables (frozen mix)
4 breast halves (I have to do 6 halves to feed our family)

Directions:
1.  Stir soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper, and veggies in a 2 qt. shallow baking dish.
2.  Top with chicken, season chicken as desired (I usually put lemon pepper on at this point).  Cover.
3.  Bake until chicken and rice are done.  Top with cheese.  Let stand 10 minutes.

No comments: