Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring...

I woke up this morning feeling a little overwhelmed, stressed, feeling like we didn't get much accomplished, and just a little grumpy.  Thankfully, I didn't let my grumpiness get the best of me and we got through calendar time and a little school.  Then we decided it was much to nice out to be inside so we called some friends and went to the park for the afternoon.  It was nice.  It was nice to feel the warmth of the sunshine, and let the wind blow some of those overwhelming feelings away.

Seeing these helps my grumpies go away too:
They are so cheery!
So many signs of spring are popping up everywhere.  I just had to share these nice pictures.
So, along with Spring we have some VERY rainy days, and that means we have to come up with some fun rainy day activities.  This was last weekend when I decided to let the kids play with sand inside.  It wasn't too much of a disaster, but if you ever try to convince yourself that it's no problem to clean up a little sand, don't listen.  Ha ha.  It really wasn't that bad.  We just brought the shop vac in, and the kids played with it off and on for most of Saturday.  It was such a nice and peaceful day.  They each had their own box with their own sand, and each was a different color.  The boys had blue and green, and April had pink.  Oh, and I found the colored sand at Wal-mart.

They had fun rolling their cars around in the sand.  This is the outside of the sand box :-)

It was a mess worth cleaning to me.  I enjoyed watching them play all the while it was pouring rain outside.  It was fun to see the colorful sand too.

On a much cleaner note, this is what we did get accomplished for school this week.  April is doing the Spring surprises download and go from This old school house.  It has been great, she loves it!  I love how it's a whole unit study with everything all in one download.  I don't have to do a whole lot of searching and putting things together, so nice!  It has a lot of interesting fun activities that she works on each day, from copywork, to writing, to lapbooking, to coloring, to crafts, and much more. 




Homeschooling one day at a time--as long as it takes!

No comments: