Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fluffy marshmallow bunnies craft

We made a cute bunny marshmallow craft today.   It was actually 2 activities in one, and these cute little bunny marshmallows were so soft and fluffy almost just like a real bunny.  Of course a few were eaten along the way...

First you need a bag of Jet-puffed bunny mallows.  I picked these up at Target about two weeks ago, not sure what I was going to do with them...maybe sorting I thought? 

P3105662
Ah yes!  Sorting, this was perfect because there were four colors of bunnies.  Aaron sure loved this activity.  Several bunnies disappeared though, hmmm....
P3105661
Then after the bunnies were all sorted I drew a picture of a tulip on a white piece of construction paper so that he could glue the bunnies on.  We are getting excited about the tulip festival that we have right here in our own town in just a few weeks.  The tulip fields are so beautiful to look at.  He decided to make his a colorful outlined tulip.
P3105665
Then he decided that he wanted some of the bunnies to stand up on the leaves.
P3105667
Here's a close up of the standing bunnies.  He did that on the other leaf too.
P3105668
Of course Miss April could not resist such a fluffy fun activity so she asked to make her own.  Here she made the leaves with green bunnies.
P3105664
And, then she made the top a nice yellow color.
P3105666
Here is her completed bunny tulip.
P3105669

We are looking forward to Spring here!  This was a nice little Spring fling :-)
Homeschooling one day at a time--as long as it takes!

1 comment:

Teaching Heart Mom said...

This is a great idea. I would have never thought of this one. I will have my daughter try this. Not sure if you saw over at my blog, I have an activity for sorting and graphing these yummy mallows! My four year old loves the sorting page. Thanks for the link to Teaching Heart Mom on your side bar. Great blog, I am following now!