Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

A little bit of everything update

We are finally getting back to normal around here again.  My little guy has been sick for over a week, but he's finally feeling better after a visit to the Dr.  He has/had (hopefully it's going away :-) an ear infection.  So, anyway, here's a little update.  It's got a little bit of tot school, park fun, hair-do's, and school stuff all wrapped into one happy post!

First we have our window fun for tot school.  It's time to let all that nice spring sunshine in, so we've decorated the windows a little. 
Aric loves these gel window clings.  He will play with them for quite a while, pulling them off and on.


Then for our preschool time we made these duck suncatcher's.  I love how simple these are to make, and they are so fun to look at.  You cut up some tissue paper, and sandwich it between to sheets of contact paper.  You can do almost any shape or theme you want.  I just found a duck outline I liked and traced it onto the contact paper.

And for the final window fun picture we have Mr. Aric having fun at the park.  Yes, it totally grosses me out that he's licking that window, but he was sure cute.  Could this be why he was sick? Hmmmm...


Hair-do's:  
For a whole week my cute girl let me do her hair up.  She doesn't usually like to have her hair done, but she said she wanted to start a blog about hair do's.  So, I said that she had to let me do her hair for a whole week before I'd think about starting a hair-do blog.  She totally went for that, and didn't gripe when I said "lets do your hair!"

Here is one of the days, I made this one up.  It turned out very cute, sorry it's still sideways.  But, it's 3 regular braids on each side tied together. 

I think this one was by far the cutest.  It was actually one from her American Girl hair book.  Basically it's separated into 5 sections and twisted partway down.  It held better than I thought it would and was adorable.

A close up of the twisty one.

 It was fun doing her hair each day.  I don't think we'll be starting another blog though, I just don't have the talent to keep up with more blogging.  I think we might do this more often though and post some of the cute hair-do's we do right here.

Calendar time:
For a long time I wasn't sure about calendar time.  Well, I should say, I wasn't sure about extended calendar time.  We've done the number on the calendar each day, but we didn't go much beyond that only because I didn't really know how to go about doing that.  I have always really wanted to have a more formal start to our day though, something to get us going and talk about things we're working on.

So, we've started doing more:  Here is our usual calendar we've had for a few months now. 

And here is the part we've added:  A foam poster board with weather, temperature, skip counting (which you actually can't see in this picture because it's behind the board), color, days, months, etc.  You get the idea.  Most of these things I printed up here at 1+1+1=1.com, and got some very useful information about doing a daily calendar from Carisa who hosts that website.

 It has been a good addition to our day.  Eventually I would like to add even more.  I'd also like to note that we start with a song, a prayer, a scripture, and an article of faith. 


Homeschooling one day at a time--as long as it takes!

No comments: