Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

5 things for Friday

I like the idea of just sharing 5 things from the week on Fridays.  Usually I don't have any one thing to write a whole blog post about, so this will be a great way for me to share more!

1.  I'm loving the simplicity of digital scrapbooking.  With this it may just be possible for me to scrapbook again.  I finally finished all 4 kids' school picture page for hanging up on the wall.  Unfortunately I need 2 more 12x12 picture frames.  I got the first 2 I have at Bi-Mart many years ago, but they don't carry them anymore.  I'm hoping Michael's has them. (yes, I know the bottom 2 are a different size, not sure why they loaded that way)

Aricscrappage

Alexscrappage

april6th
Aaron1st

2. April is having fun learning how to take and edit good pictures.  She asked me one day to give her some lessons.  So we set up a backdrop, and I taught her a little about lighting.  She had fun taking some Spring pictures of her doll, and she loves editing them in picmonkey.

eggdoll

Here is the one she edited for her blog header.  I was pretty impressed!
horsetracks

3.  I had fun making leprechaun traps with the boys this week.  It's the 2 lucky charms boxes on the mantle that say "find gold here!" with an arrow.  They are simple, just stuff we had on hand.  It sure was cute to listen to them talk about how they might trap the leprechaun.  They opted for the fall in the trap door approach.

IMG_3008

4.  We now have a new play structure in our backyard!  The kids were very excited to see we picked this climbing dome up at Costco a few months back.  Back when we had a swing set all they did was climb all over it, so we figured something to climb on would be a better choice than a swing set again.  They all love it.  (please ignore the messy backyard, it is well used :-)

IMG_3009

5. We had a nice Friday evening as a family at the park fishing, and playing.  Daddy and Aaron really wanted to go fishing, I took the little guys to play on the park.  April did some fishing too.  This early spring weather is so nice!  I hope we get more days like this.
480439_4987883769294_239371038_n
205329_4987885449336_360268773_n
 

No comments: