Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

B is for bandana and bread

PicMonkey Collage

 I sure can find a lot of things right now that start with B, but for this week I will stick with 2.  On Saturday I finally put together the bandana table cloth that I've been planning to make for a while.  It's just random colors of bandanas, but I think it's fun.  It'll be great for BBQ dinners, and other fun meals.  Ever since I read this blog post from Chocolate on my Cranium about table cloths at the dinner table I am determined to up my collection of table cloths.  I would love to get to where we use them everyday, but right now we only have 1 or 2 good ones.  I really love the idea of using them, and it really does cut down on spills making it to the floor, and clean up time (just taking the table cloth outside to shake it out is my kind of clean up).  I also love how it adds some color and feeling to a dinner (or meal).

My next 'B' is bread.  I have really been disappointed with bread lately.  The store bought breads are just not as good to me anymore.  I don't know if it's my tastes that have changed, or the recipes from the bread companies.  Anyway, we stopped in the Bob's Red Mill store when were driving around up in Portland yesterday.  Their sign that said fresh bread made us decide to go ahead and check it out.  We were hoping for a tour, but those only happen in the morning at 10am (we will go at 10am some day to take the tour!).  They had some yummy breads to choose from.  We bought the potato rosemary bread, and the honey oatmeal bread.  It was so yummy!  I love finding places with delicious bread like this!  Hopefully someday I can get good at making bread on my own on a regular basis.

Blogging Through the Alphabet



 

No comments: