Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Happy 4th of July

These guys were so excited to get to do our own fireworks this year. Usually we are camping at state parks where there are no fireworks allowed, so we go and watch the big show somewhere local. Well, this year they just couldn't wait to get their hands on some of their own fireworks (with adult supervision of course). We headed to the local Wal store to get a pack at around 7pm on the 4th of July. Thankfully it was open, because that was the first chance we had after we got home earlier in the day.

Untitled

We headed outside around 8:45 to set up our chairs and get ready for it to get dark enough. We did some sparklers while we waited. These were some packs I bought a few years ago, but we never got a chance to use them. Most of the other families in our cul-de-sac were starting to assemble in their own driveways. We had about a 2 hour show with everyone's fireworks! It was fun to be out there with all our neighbors.

IMG_2378

IMG_2380

IMG_2381

Ours were some of the usual fireworks...

IMG_2383

The firework wasteland (from us and other neighbors)...

Untitled

But across the cul-de-sac, they had some pretty spectacular ones. I couldn't believe how many they had too!

Untitled

I tried to get a good pic of the ones they had, up in the air. I kept missing it, but they were pretty.

Untitled

It was an awesome night. I just kept thinking how grateful I was for our neighbors, and good friends, and my home, and my free country, and my family. Happy 4th of July!

No comments: