Pages

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Flashback: Happy 8th birthday Aric

It's Aric's 9th birthday tomorrow. Why am I posting about his 8th birthday? Because I missed that post. A year ago. Better late than never right? I will eventually back date it, but I thought it'd be fun to have it for now since his birthday is tomorrow, again.

So, last year he turned 8. This is a big birthday for us because it is the year that children get baptized in our church. So, big year=big party, and lots of fun.

We found this number 8 pinata. So cool!

image

Of course, a number 8 balloon.

image

His birthday party was at a park in Silverton, so we loaded everything up into the truck and headed out.

IMG_0880

The park was absolutely beautiful, and not too busy.

IMG_0883

 We had a BBQ with cousins and friends.

IMG_0885

He chose a skylander theme, so this is them playing "pin the potion to pop fizz"

IMG_0888

Some of the gifts.

IMG_0890

Cousin Aiden carrying Alex.

IMG_0893

 Aric picked this camping themed cake out at Safeway. He loved it.

IMG_0894

Happy Birthday!

IMG_0897

 This pinata was so fun, and actually quite hard to break.

IMG_0898

IMG_0902

 Opening presents.

IMG_0913
IMG_0914

 Aaron was balloon man. He was very popular, and had a line going!

IMG_0916

 I love this picture. It's a fun group of kids.

IMG_0920

Some other happenings on his 8th birthday...

I made a number 8 pancake in the morning.

IMG_0924

He also requested 8 little pancakes to go with it. Let it be known that he did not finish that plate of pancakes!

IMG_0925

Tomorrow he turns 9. We've got a fun day planned to go see Cars 3 with a friend, and then to Bricks and Minifigs. I told him that this year was going to be a lot more low key since last year was so big. I'm thinking about trying cake batter pancakes for his breakfast tomorrow. Pancakes are his favorite, so that's one thing I know for sure I'll be doing for him.

No comments: