Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday: getting ready for Christmas



I am thankful for Christmas time, and things seem to be moving right along over here with preparations and decorations.  So, I thought I'd share a few pictures of Christmas around our house with my thankfulness.

  • I'm thankful we finally found a spot for our Christmas tree.  I was getting worried, but with a little creativity we managed to fit it in.
  • I'm thankful for the choice to try and immerse my children in the Christ part of Christmas this month.  We are watching movies about the nativity, reading scripture passages (almost everyday), and making crafts to go along with the birth of Christ.
  • I am thankful for a decorated house.  Even though my decorations may not be very elaborate, they are perfect for us.
IMG_2317
  • I am thankful for the decision to take our homeschool lightly for the month of December so I don't feel so overwhelmed.
  • I'm thankful for all the many countdowns we have to help us count the days til Christmas.
IMG_2315
  • I'm thankful for all the Christmas stories that we are reading and enjoying each day.
  • I'm thankful for hearing the nativity story over and over again, I love to hear it.
IMG_2313
  • I'm thankful for Christmas music, I could listen to it all day, and I'm thankful for the variety of songs that we have to chose from.
  • I'm thankful for visits from friends, and visits to friends, and plates of cookies shared.
IMG_2314
  • I'm thankful for all the neat little Christmas crafts I am doing, and hope to do, with my children this month.  I have set up a whole Christmas crafting station in our dining room so that the kids can feel free to create anything they want.  They were very excited about that, and I was too.
IMG_2311
  • I'm thankful for this image of Mary and Joseph that I see in so many stories, and in my mind as I read it.  
  • I'm thankful to have found this movie, it will definitely be watched each year at our house from now on.
IMG_2320
  • I'm thankful that the boys liked this movie so much.  We started it for Family Home Evening one night, and they requested to watch it the next morning.  I will warn that there were a few scenes that were a little bit intense for young ones.  My boys handled it okay though.
IMG_2321
  • I'm thankful for children that teach us so much, not only at Christmas time, but all year long.
IMG_2319
  • I'm  thankful for the few nativity sets that I have.  I'm thankful that my Hubby was so very conscientious to get those for me back when we were first married, and I didn't even realize I wanted them!  I am also thankful for the kid friendly little people nativity that my kids can play with any way that they want.
IMG_2316

No comments: