Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Time out for Women

Friday evening and Most of Saturday I had the opportunity to go to Time out for Women in Portland.  It was awesome.  To be in a huge room full of 3400 other women all seeking out the same spirit of God, while hearing great words from great speakers, and uplifting music is absolutely amazing.  It was powerful.  I was not disappointed.  I am usually cautious about going to these kinds of things because a whole weekend is a lot, but this was well worth every minute.  I loved the talks, and felt like pretty much each one had something to say to ME as an individual.  I was very moved over and over again by the spirit.  I laughed, I cried, and I laughed again over and over.  It was good.  It is so good to laugh, and really look at life from a different point of view.

The theme was Seek the Good. 

PB030095


My journal:

It has Colossians 3:23 scripture engraved on the front
"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily..." 
I filled 22 pages of it with notes and reflections.  Awesome.  I think I did that heartily :-)
PB030100
The bag/tote we all got on Saturday morning.  I was glad to have something else to hold all my time out goodies.
PB030092
  
 This was my ticket to come back in on Saturday morning.  A lovely hot pink bracelet.
PB030090
 This is Hillary Weeks, during one of her songs.  She had some amazing songs, and words to speak to us.
PB030099

 Here's a more up close picture.  Sorry, I couldn't get very good pictures in there with my point and shoot that I had.
PB030097
 Here is one of her song videos that she shared with us today...



 
I had a good time!  Hoping I can remember it all in the weeks to come.

 

No comments: