Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

I ♥ FHE

IMG_1715
A story during our Monday night family home evening
Family home eveningFamily home evening is a special time set aside each week that brings family members together and strengthens their love for each other, helps them draw closer to Heavenly Father, and encourages them to live righteously. 
I am trying a little harder to be better about family home evenings here.  We love family time, and doing fun things together as a family.  But, setting aside a family time where we include songs, scriptures, prayer, and lesson is a little bit tougher for us.  I love these times as a family though, and I know it is so very important.  I had the impression twice in one week on two different days of how important it is.  I knew I needed to start getting on top of it again.  

So, that is what I've been doing!  I've finally acquired one of those nifty family home evening charts.  You know, the one where it says:  lesson, scripture, prayer, song, snack, etc.?  I have found it so easy when we stick to that basic outline.

I love the memories we make at family home evening.  I hope we can get better at it as we strive to do it each week.

So that we can have less of this... 
(I will not hit my brother lines)
IMG_2279 

And more of this...
(yummy family home evening treats)
IMG_1714
And lots more moments of growing, learning and loving together.

Want some good ideas for FHE, I have found some great inspiration on pinterest!  This particular website has been very inspiring:  A few of my favorite things.  This woman is amazing at teaching her children in so many ways.  I've already tried a few of her ideas, and they are brilliant.  I especially love her Family Proclamation lessons, which we have begun, and hope to get through over the next year.
  

No comments: