Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Halloween costumes!

I know this is like weeks late, but oh well.  Here they are! Halloween was pretty fun this year.  We tried to make as much homemade as we could, and we did pretty good. 

First we have April as Ginny Weasley.  
Her robe was made by Daddy.
IMG_2130
IMG_2133

Next up is Aaron as a MagiQuest wizard.
This costume will have dual purpose, he can wear it when we go to Great Wolf Lodge too!
This was a lucky goodwill find.
IMG_2127
IMG_2140
Now we have Aric who is Batman.
Batman seemed to follow us around for about a week before halloween :-)
I made his costume cape, and logo on his shirt.  Then pieced all the other stuff together.
IMG_2113
IMG_2147
Finally, we have Alex as Superman!
I bought his costume and had to sew one thing on it.  It was almost too small!
IMG_2121
IMG_2141
Oh, and we can't forget me as Dorothy.  I don't usually dress up. 
This was my big sewing project for this year.  We bought all the stuff to make this costume back at the beginning of October, but I didn't work on it at all really.  I got all the pieces cut, then I was going to put it off because of time.  Well, Halloween day I decided to just pull it together.  It took me all day.  I mean literally I finished the last stitch 15 minutes before we had to get ready to go to the outlet mall.  I can't believe I did it.
IMG_2136
That wraps up Halloween 2012 for us!  So excited for Thanksgiving vacation that starts this weekend!  We might be going somewhere really cool.
 

No comments: