Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Her first day of 4th grade!

At the beginning of the summer when I found out I was having another baby I decided that it was time for my kids to go to school this year.  I felt that they needed more than I could give them this year being so tired and pregnant.  So, we waited...all summer...very excited for school to start.  Finally, yesterday was the big day for April!  She started 4th grade at the local charter school.

I walked her into her classroom to help her get settled and see her classroom.  After she unpacked all her supplies and sat down at her desk she had a nice half sheet of math with like 5 problems to work on and a few sheets to fill out about herself.  She loved it.  I helped her figure out what she wasn't sure about on the math sheet and then I said my good-bye's.  And then, of course, I thought about her all day.  For a Mama who is used to homeschooling it is hard to switch to a "non-homeschool" mode in my mind.  I knew she was okay and having fun though, and I was excited to hear all about it when she came home.  When she came home I knew she loved it because she came home grinning so big.  She even said "I loved it so much, I even want to go back tomorrow!"  That made her Dad and I laugh.


Here is her school supply loaded back-pack.  We managed to fit all the supplies in it!

Here is one section with the tissues and papers:

And, another section with more tissues and the box of pencils, crayons, etc.



This is her very cute lunch box.  She picked it out at Target, and even her Daddy really likes it.  It's very classy.

Here she is right before we headed out the door.  Good thing her backpack isn't going to always be that loaded.

She looked pretty adorable, I had a hard time capturing that on the camera in the rush to get out the door.

So, we tried for a few more cute poses.  Here she is sporting her jacket and lunch box, and we decided to put the heavy bag down for a little bit.  She really was more excited than she looks in this picture.

I love that she let me do her hair too!  If you know April she very rarely lets me do her hair.  It was a quick do, but very cute and I knew she'd like having the hair out of her face.

After school she was home and told me all about how they got their own math books, the teacher read aloud, the fact that she couldn't do the division on some worksheet, and she gave me all the papers that her teacher gave her including a newsletter.  I love teachers who send out newsletters because I just love knowing what she is doing all day.  Then, she had Activity girls (a group for the girls between the ages of 8 and 12) for an hour, so after that we took her out to pizza to celebrate her first day of school.  She chose to go to round table (which we all love), and it happened to be family night buffet.  It was a great family night, and I'm so thankful we had that time together.  They even had a balloon guy at the pizza place so the 3 kids each got a balloon.  I was a little sad that I didn't have my camera.  Daddy got a picture on his phone so if we ever get it from the phone to the computer I'll put it up.  Anyway, Aric chose to have a dinosaur made for him, it was green and very cute.  Aaron chose a snail because he saw lots of snails while camping and thought they were very interesting.  And, April chose a horse because she just loves horses.

Then we came home, went to bed, and got up to start it all over again today!  It was also Aaron's first day of preschool today, which he loved!  I'll share about that in another post.

No comments: