Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Baby shower surprise!!

On Friday night I thought I was going to a "girls night out" at my friend Tish's house.  So, my good friend Emily insisted on picking me up (now I know why), and I agreed.  I usually chicken out on Girls' nights and end up staying home just because I like being home, so I knew if Emily came to get me I would have to go which is most of the reason I let her come get me.  Well, she drove to someone else's house to "pick" her up but she had already left, that turned out to be a stall because they needed more time for the other guest of honor to arrive.  By the way, this was a triple surprise baby shower for 3 of us who are expecting.  Anyway, we finally arrive and hang out in the drive-way for a few minutes, and I was just going along with the flow.  Had no idea what was going on, and didn't even suspect a thing.  So, we walk in, and Angela was the first to walk in out of the 3 of us, and I hear a great big shout of SURPRISE!!  I wasn't quite in the doorway yet, but I thought oh they decided to make girls night a shower for Angela how neat.  But then as I thought about it more, I realized I didn't know about it and I didn't bring her a gift!  So, I was really confused until I got in the door and put the pieces together, the 3 boxes of presents etc.  I'm surprised I didn't cry right then and there (pregnancy hormones have been mighty strong with this one), but I was so surprised and felt so loved!  I had been secretly hoping for a baby shower this time around just because I know that this one is my last one and it has been such a rough pregnancy.

I of course didn't have my camera AT the shower (didn't think I'd need to be taking any pictures at girls night), but I took pictures of all the cute things afterwards.  Seeing all these cute baby things really has gotten me more excited about the arrival of this new little one!

Here are the pictures I took:
This is the invitation, so cute!!  The theme was "baby essentials".  Love it!


Here is some of the loot, wipes, and diapers mostly.
I got a good selection of diapers, and have even been inspired to start packing my hospital bag.  Last time I was packing while in labor, so I have learned my lesson and will be prepared this time :-)
This is one of the homemade things from Melody.  It is soooo cute!  I can't believe the details she put into this thing.  Don't mind the boys' very messy room :-)
These are all the cute outfits, onesies, socks, foot rattles, blankets received at the shower.  I went ahead and washed and folded it all, it made me so excited!
Emily who did such an awesome job helping put the shower together and getting me there gave us the big storage box that all of our gifts were in for a gift.  Love it!  I like it's size and with 3 boys now I will definitely need it!
This is the baby's car seat.  We got it out to try out one of the gifts, a fleece cover, on it and see if it fits.  Of course Aric thought it was just for him to play in.
This is all the "essential" chocolate I received at the shower.  Good stuff!

Now, here are the pictures I borrowed from Dana's blog.  She was another one of the ladies who put this whole thing together.  You can read her post about it here.  I hope she doesn't mind that I borrowed her pictures, but I really wanted to show you what an awesome job they did.  I was so impressed.

Here are the pictures at the shower:

The food was delicious!

These cake pops are so cute, and I love the pink and blue.  It was so fun to see some pink even though I'm having a boy.
We each got to take home a diaper cake.  I can't remember if I had the green one or the blue one, the kids tore it down before I had a chance to take a picture, oh well!
The decorations even had little goodies attached.
Diaper cakes are so cute!
The cucumber water.  I never had a chance to tasted this because I didn't realize it wasn't lemons until later after I had already drank tons of the lemon water.  Looks so refreshing though!
Here's the lemon water.  I drank a lot of it.
Opening all the gifts.  I really liked that all the attention wasn't focused on just me because we were all opening at the same time.  It was so fun.
This is Stephanie who is having a girl.  She's due next month.
This is Angela who is due around the same time as me.  She's having a boy too!

No comments: