Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Some recipes

Banana bread

Really Moist Banana Bread 3 c. sugar 3 eggs 1/2 tsp. vanilla 3 c. bananas, or more (I use 5-6 bananas) 2 tsp. soda 1 1/2 tsp. salt 3 1/2 c. flour 1/3 c. water 1 c. oil 1 tsp. cinnamon 1 c. nuts (we do chocolate chips instead of nuts) I mixed the wet ingredients first, combined the flour, soda, salt separately. Added dry to wet. Stirred in chocolate chips last. Makes 2 large loaves of bread. Put in 2 greased and floured loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

 I have been searching for a good banana bread recipe for a long time and I think I finally found it with this one!!

Pork chop casserole

 Ingredients:

  • 4 pork chops
  • 4 cups sliced potatoes
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons chopped onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
  • grated American cheese

Preparation:

Brown pork chops. Place potatoes in greased 2-quart baking dish. Mix together soup, milk, onion, salt, and pepper. Pour over potatoes. Place pork chops over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for about 60 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Serves 4.

This pork chop casserole was absolutely delicious!  I wish I had a picture, but it was eaten too fast before I had a chance to grab the camera.  I wanted a way to make some leftover pork chops so I searched for a casserole and found this somewhere on the internet, sorry can't remember where.  I used Cheddar cheese instead of American cheese because we all like Cheddar better and it tasted delicious!

No comments: