Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another American Girl book finished!



I finally finished reading Lanie to Miss April tonight at bedtime! She was excited to finally finish it, and it turned out to be a very cute story. I don't know if you remember my post about her Lanie lapbook that she did back in January, but yes it has taken that long to finish (although, she did finish the lapbook way sooner).  Mostly because we hadn't read it for a while.  Here are my thoughts on the book:  It is a great story, and very inspiring to the reader to want to go out and explore nature.  I have to admit that as I started to read it with my daughter I was a little worried that it might take a turn and get a little too "environmentalist" I guess, but it didn't.   Miss April is inspired now to start a "field journal" (as Lanie calls it), and she wants to start the second book now.  We also learned some new things while reading the book, and April definitely wants to sleep under the stars in the backyard like Lanie did.  I also love how Lanie relates to her family in the book, especially to her little sister.

By the way, April is saving all her money for the American Girl store in CA.  We have decided that our family vacation destination will be southern CA this year, and her wish was to go to the American girl store (of course).  She is very excited, and I'm excited for her.  Her dream would be to save up enough money to buy the Lanie camper, it's very cool.  But, she knows that's probably a no go at $295, I think she has decided on something a little more in her price range. 

P.S.  I'm saving my money for the American Girl place too!  I want to get my own doll so I don't keep playing with April's.  She doesn't let me anyway  :-)  Just kidding, although I think if I were to really buy a doll it would be Felicity. I love her time era, and her dresses.



No comments: