Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Tot school 4

Tot School
Green flyer is 14.5 months
Blue flyer is 40.5 months

Tot school is wonderful! It has helped me to connect better with my tots in so many ways, and really helps me to see the world through their eyes. I just love these little boys so much!

Here is G. flyer playing with the cookie tray. It's a Melissa and Doug cookie set, both boys just love this.

Here is B. flyer cutting the cookies, his favorite thing.

We made monster masks.

This activity was a hit, sorting fall marshmallows. Surprisingly he wanted to sort the whole bowl, he usually isn't interested in sorting.

Here's the sorting action, a skewer, and 3 sectioned container.

okay, so he asked his sister if he could do her hair with the curlers, and I thought it was funny at first, but after watching him doing it for a while I was amazed at how focused he was. Look how evenly he got her hair in each curler. It was cute.

Here is one of our new tot school tools. My Green flyer is starting to get real interested in the days. He was starting to ask me every day, "what day is it?" and "what number is it today?" I was a little surprised at the number thing because before we got this calendar I never really pointed out the date to him, I don't think. He must have just picked it up. Well, anyway, I decided that it must be time to start adding the calendar to our daily routine. So, here it is! I'm very excited about it, but still trying to figure out what else to include in our Calendar time.
To see what others have done for tot school go visit Carisa over at 1+1+1=1.

3 comments:

Giggly Girls said...

Rolling his sisters hair is just precious!!!

I'm most definately borrowing the marshmallow sorting activity. What a great idea. Hopefully I'll be able to find some.

Michelle said...

We have those same marshmallows...I can't wait to give that a try!

Adriana said...

D would LOVE to sort the marshmellows. Where did you find them?