Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

stART: Bone soup

I love doing activities that relate to books! One of my Green flyer's new favorite halloween books is Bone soup by Cambria Evans. So, I really wanted to come up with a craft/art project to go with it. At first glance this book might look a little creepy (I wasn't so sure about it at first), but it's really a fun story and parody to Stone soup.

Here is my green flyer telling me what's in the "bone soup" so he could make sure to include it in his "bone soup" creation:

Here is a picture of the book and his creation complete with bones, frog legs, eyeballs, bat wings, and moldy cheese.
He really loved this activity:
I had his complete attention, a pretty monumental task for this 3 year old:
To see more stART activities head over to A Mommy's Adventures to see what others are doing and reading.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Aw, this is so cool!

Raising a Happy Child said...

Both the book and the project look great. My daughter loves everything that has cooking in it, but not monsters. Umm... Maybe next Halloween :)

Michelle said...

This does look like a fun book and what a cute project! Thank you for linking up :0)