Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Monster sensory tub

We've been doing a lot of monster-ish, halloween, and fall activities in our school lately. This is one of our favorites this week, monster fur sensory tub. I came up with this one because we have been doing some monster things (books, games, playing) as part of tot school. Green flyer loves to touch and feel, and this was definitely no different as you can see below. There's yarn bits, puffy balls, googly eyes (some big and some little), and some colored beads. The googly eyes were my favorite part, and his too, he did all kinds of things with the googly eyes. Yes, I know you can't see them in the picture, they sink. Everything else is too fluffy.

PA114257

PA114258
Materials needed:

  • yarn
  • pom pom balls (fuzzy balls)
  • googly eyes (different sizes and colors)
  • beads
  • and anything else monster-ish
I also started putting together the Monster pac from 1+1+1=1, it's very cute. Mr. Green flyer really enjoyed the cute little monster's. I'll add games to the folder as he works on it through the week.

Another one of our favorites this week is a new book we've added to our collection "J is for Jack-'O-lantern. I'm thinking about making a lap book to go along with it, we'll see if I get the time. I really enjoy making new learning materials, but don't often have the time. I'll keep you posted on that one.

This is a great book with some great pictures. Not too scary, has some great poetry, and gives some great ideas and explanations about different things having to do with halloween and fall. I think the picture on the front is adorable. We're definitely enjoying it!

No comments: