Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's day weekend 2015

image
Aaron made this stamped card for me at cub scouts.  He was so excited to give it to me with a bag of candy.
On Saturday (yesterday) I wrote this:

We celebrated the first part of Mother's day today.  I was treated out to lunch with my family at The Cheesecake Factory.  It has been years since we went there!  I think the last time was when April was about 6 years old, and Aaron was a baby. It was delicious, but more than that I just loved every moment of being there with my kids and husband. After lunch we walked around the mall, and I found a stack of dresses to try on at JCPenney.  I picked my favorite one, and can't wait to wear it at church tomorrow.  I have to say I had lots of fun trying on dresses with April.  She found one too.  I'm thankful for a Hubby that likes to go shopping with us and pick out dresses.  I'm thankful for little boys that were mostly patient (but a little crazy too).  It was a fun start to a great Mother's day, and I even got all the laundry folded today so I don't have to look at the pile on Sunday!

But our fun really started on Friday afternoon...

We took the boat out for the first time this season.  It was a beautiful warm day, and Hubby took half the day off.

Alex finally got brave enough to get on the tube for the first time!  He loved it and didn't want to get off.
image
Alex getting ready to tube for the first time!

It was so relaxing out on the boat.  I might have been caught snoozing a few times.

image

It's so pretty in the middle of the lake...

image

 I am so blessed to be a mama to these kids.  It has been a wonderful and full weekend.  

menkids

Happy Mother's Day to all you great Mother's out there! 

Desiree

1 comment:

the splendid life of us... said...

This is totally meant as a compliment so hopefully you take it that way. But you don't look like their mom, but their big sister :) And I love your dress!