Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Fun Mother's day gift idea using dollar store items

I am helping in the littles class at our co-op, so I was trying to think of something for them to make or do that used flower arranging.  That's where this sweet little idea came from.  Then, I thought it would be even better if it could double as a Mother's day gift for their Mom's, so I found some old sour cream containers for the "pot."  They decorated the outside, and had fun poking the flowers into the green foam! I wish I could have gotten a picture of all the flower arrangements lined up when they were done.  They were so proud of their beautiful flowers.

IMG_8124

Here are all the supplies I picked up at the dollar store (except for the plastic container, those are recycled).  Oh, and the tape is not from the dollar store, but you can use any tape you have on hand.  The butterfly stickers, flowers, green foam, and decorative butterflies all came from the dollar store though.

IMG_8126

 I hot glued the green foam into the plastic so it wouldn't come out, and they were pretty stable.  I also clipped the flower bunches apart with wire cutters so they were individual flowers.  The kids just decorated the outside of the plastic with tape, and butterfly stickers. Although you could probably paint them instead, but I didn't want to deal with paint in the space we have the class.

Desiree

No comments: