Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Our week: with hike pics

Last weekend we went on our first camping trip of the season, and we took a few really nice hikes up in the Molalla wilderness area.  These pictures are from Michele's phone, and I was happy he took them because I forgot to take my camera.  It was a beautiful hike!

0531141613a

I loved this hike because it was on a trail that isn't well traveled by people or "kept up".  It's all natural, and uneven, and has a lot of interesting things to see.  We didn't see anybody while we were hiking until we were on our way back to the truck.  It was at the end of a very, very long dirt road.

0531141613
 
I loved seeing some interesting flowers just in the middle of the trail.  I'm pretty sure these are Orange Mountain Dandelions.  It's the closest match I could find.  I wish I could go up and get a better picture, but I'm glad to have this one.  As soon as I saw those orange flowers I wanted to see what they were.

0531141615

We saw lots of little baby pine trees along the trail
0531141623

We never made it to the top, but this was pretty far up, and it was a pretty view!

0531141623a

The whole trail was so pretty
0531141624

April's keyboard is getting well used!  She came to me this week and showed me that she now has 2 broken keys. One has been broken for a while, and she has been using tape to make it usable.  Now she has to use tape for 2 of them.  We are thinking about a real piano if we can acquire one and actually fit one in our house.

image

Poor keyboard!  Or, maybe poor April because it's really annoying to play with 2 broken keys.  Hoping we can fix it soon!
IMG_6199

We made some lego minifig twist-and-match tubes.  These were made by April and I.  The boys never really made any, but they like playing with the ones we made.
IMG_6198

I made some yellow playdough.  There's nothing like a fresh batch of playdough!

IMG_6204

IMG_6203

There's been a lot of graduation talk, graduation announcements and pictures lately.  So it wasn't too surprising when my 5 year old made these "graduating" playdough heads.  Can you see the cap?
IMG_6202

We went to Al's Garden kids club on Saturday to end the week.  It was a lot of fun.  The kids planted flowers in summer sand buckets.  They turned out pretty cute.
IMAG0028

This was our first time to the kids club at Al's garden.  It is a fun opportunity, and the kids are looking forward to going back next month to do blueberries.

IMAG0030
IMAG0031

Three summer buckets with flowers complete!

IMAG0034

That's about it for the highlights of the week.
  Desiree

1 comment:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I like your twist tubes :) The Molalla wilderness area is beautiful.