Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Happy 8th Birthday Aaron!

Aaron picked a Minecraft theme for his birthday at the last minute, so I didn't have a lot of time to put things together.  This is what I came up with in just a few days!  I had plans fall through for his birthday party as well, so I had to decorate our house instead.  It was much more fun to decorate the house anyway.  I wish I'd had more time though I could have really made it fun.  This was for our family party on his birthday day.

The mantle was the hardest because I didn't really have anything big that was minecraft-y.  I just went with the green and black theme from Minecraft.

IMG_6146


The creeper balloons...
IMG_6147

IMG_6148


Aaron's favorite dinner, steak, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob...
IMG_6149

He gets the big birthday plate for his dinner...
IMG_6150


His creeper cake.  Turned out okay, he was happy, and it was what he wanted!
IMG_6151

Opening presents with family, Grandma and Grandpa Winz, and Uncle Marc came to join us for cake and presents.
IMG_6152

Tomica from Grandma and Grandpa W.
IMG_6155

I made this sign for Aaron that says "8 is great!".  It's a very special birthday, that's why it's great.
IMG_6157


All his loot from family.
IMG_6158

Time for cake.  This picture makes me smile.  April wanted to play Happy Birthday on her violin while we sang, it was a little slow, but it worked.
IMG_6159
Happy 8th Birthday Aaron!
IMG_6160

We sure love you Aaron!!  It was a great 8th birthday, and a very special year.  He also had a friend party at the local pool a few days after his birthday.  Turned out great, and he had a blast swimming with his friends, but unfortunately I didn't take my camera!  I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures of it.

Desiree

No comments: