Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

I heart General Conference

I am thankful for this time that we have in our church to sit down and listen to the Prophets and Apostles speak to us for a whole weekend.  I am also thankful that it is broadcast everywhere, so we can watch it from our own home.  I really want something profound to say with this post, but I just don't.  It was wonderful (the parts that we heard, we missed some sessions but plan to catch up with family home evenings).  The spirit was strong, and there were great words spoken.  Very uplifting!  I love our Prophet Thomas S. Monson.  His stories are wonderful, and his words so very sincere.

Some shots from our Sunday morning session...

Lots of snacks, and snuggling!  A great time together as family!
IMG_1729
My cute little 4 year old.  He did awesome, and sat pretty good for 2 hours this morning!
IMG_1730
Miss April all cozy.  We have a tradition to make beds on the living room floor.  The kids always go get all their pillows and blankets.  I was glad for that tradition this year because we almost don't have enough room on our couches for everybody to sit now!  Our family is growing!
IMG_1732
More Alex and Aric silliness while watching conference
IMG_1733

I like to have some conference related activites for the kids that help them to focus on the speakers.  I decided to try the "conference wall" this year.  There is a different subject on each paper, and when the speaker is done, the kids put the picture of the speaker under whatever topic was spoken about.  So far this has been my favorite activity.  By the way, there are so many pictures of the Prophets and apostles because there is 3 of each person for multiple topic talks.
IMG_1734
Some more coziness.  Aaron and April did great watching and listening.  I was actually happen to see Aaron so intent for a lot of it.
IMG_1735
Everything is better with a teddy bear!
IMG_1736
 

No comments: