Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

His and her sewing machines

This just cracks me up!  So, we both have been on a sewing kick.  It all started when I took my old machine in to see if it could be fixed so I could work on a few projects that I wanted to do.  Well, this got my Hubby into looking at old sewing machines (you know how boys like old things, and cool machines right?), so he found this super old Brother machine at Goodwill while I chose to get the brand new singer.  (Really, I think his old machine is super cool, is in good shape, and neat looking. I would love to know the old lady who probably owned it before, what she made with it, and what her story was :-)  But I like new things, I guess.  So, I had to have my new big fancy machine with lots of cool stitches, and doesn't strain my brain to figure out how to work it.  He likes his machine, and is perfectly happy sewing with it, and I like mine.  So, here you have it, his and her sewing station...
IMG_1636
I love having a place dedicated to sewing so I don't have to keep putting it, and all the sewing stuff away. It's kinda fun that we are both working on sewing projects. He is working on April's "Ginny Weasley" robe for her halloween costume.  It is looking awesome, and I'm glad I don't have to make that one.  I am working on Aric's batman costume, and hoping to start mine soon.

Here is something that Michele whipped up today for April.  It's a skirt made from a pillow case.  It cost all of 2.50 for the pillow case.  I think it turned out great!  I'm excited for more homemade skirts.  It's hard to find anything decent in her size!


IMG_1664


Hopefully I'll have some projects to show soon too!

  

No comments: