Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Activity day girls: back to school fun

I am the activity day girls leader (girls 8-11) at our church, and I wanted to share what we did for our first back to school activity.  I always worry that what I plan isn't good, or enough.  But, the girls really liked this pencil craft with beads, and wire.  April had fun making more at home after the activity as well.

 IMG_1509

They also made a journal type page.  First, I gave them a big fat pencil to color, but I challenged them to try to color it in with shapes or lines.  Then they put it on a piece of construction paper, and wrote at the top:  My pencil will write... and they were supposed to write something down that they hoped to learn or do this school year.
 IMG_1512

We also did a general knowledge quiz game, had "recess" outside, and ate ice cream bars.  I think the girls had fun.  I mostly wanted to record this because April is a part of it, but also to share some ideas.

 

No comments: