Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

eating eggs

Our first taste of our chickens eggs was pretty exciting.  When we finally had 2 eggs I decided we needed to crack them open and try them out.  But, first before I cracked them, I wanted to show the difference in size between the 1st and 2nd egg.  We have gotten 5 eggs as of today, and that 2nd one was still the biggest of them all.  It ended up being a double yolk egg.

IMG_0779

So, here's the 2 eggs getting ready to become breakfast for my little guy.  Aric was really excited for his chicken eggs.  They were really yellow because of all the yolk.

IMG_0780

He gobbled them down!  Of course I took some bites too, just to see how it tasted for myself.  But, since we only had 2, I had to leave most of them for him.  Can you believe that he and I are the only egg eaters in our house? (unless of course they are in cookies, or other baked goodness)

IMG_0782 IMG_0783

So, for a fun experiment we said goodbye to our store bought eggs and walked on them!  They held up pretty good with the 4 year old, but by the time the bigger kids got to them...

 IMG_0784

...They were toast!  It was a fun experiment.

IMG_0785

Now I just need these chickens to start laying some more.  I only have 3 eggs now!  I'm sure we'll be up to our ears in eggs real soon :-)
Desiree

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's not uncommon for a new layer to have some "production problems" have give a double yolker. It's pretty cool to be getting some eggs though, huh?