Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A tale of 2 libraries

Remember my story about the library?   The one where I said we had to volunteer some hours to get a library card at a library that is not in our county, but that we visit a lot.  Well, here it is!  April and I went in a few times and worked re-shelving books, DVD's, CD's, and tapes.  It was fun to see different books and movies, and hard not to sit and read ones that I didn't recognize.  We still have about an hour left of volunteer time, but she went ahead and gave us the card anyway because we were so close.  We were so excited to go and use it right away.  As soon as we checked out the books though, I got to thinking...how are we going to keep track of books from 2 different library systems?  I devised a plan right away.  But, first here is our card:

IMG_0463

I decided the best thing would be to have 2 baskets labeled for each library, so we went and got 2 baskets.  I was hoping to get the more squarish ones, but they were so much more than these ones!

IMG_0465

So far it is working good except the baskets are big.  We don't have a lot of space, so I don't have a good place to keep them yet.  They just kinda hang out in the living room and get shuffled with everything else.  It is nice to know there is a place for the books to help me keep track of them though!IMG_0464 Desiree

1 comment:

Becca said...

We are LOVING having access to the Wilsonville library, too! My girls have been so amazed at how much bigger it is; we haven't yet managed to explore the whole thing. We've just checked out the kids' sections.