Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My new camera

We celebrated our 13th anniversary this past weekend, and I got a new camera!  We went out to dinner on Friday night, and afterwards we went to check out the top camera's on my list.  I came home with a Canon EOS 60D.  This camera is loaded (at least with more features than my last one)!  I still have a lot to learn about it, and much more practice to get familiar with it, but here are the pictures from the first day of use.

We started with a photo session with the kids.  They weren't too thrilled about getting their picture taken, and it was hot, so we didn't get a lot of smiling faces.  These are the ones I thought turned out the best out of like a bazillion shots.

The construction zone...This was my last attempt to get a good picture of them, and it is actually my favorite!  

 construction Aric...I tried to get a shot of each one by themselves too.  Aric's turned out so cute.
 aric

This wasn't planned, just a candid of them.  They were all walking toward me and I told them to stop because I liked how they were spaced.
 grass

Aaron's face cracks me up in this one, but it was the best one for this pose.  I love Aric's and Alex's smiles!
 kids

This one isn't my favorite, but I love that they are all looking at the camera, and smiling somewhat.
 kids2

Other shots...

I am getting ready to take wedding pictures for a girl from my church.  She surprisingly asked me, and for some reason I said yes.  Actually, I am very excited, but I am also VERY nervous.  She is having me do her pictures at the LDS Temple where they are going to be married, so to get a little practice we went up there to take some pictures too.  This is actually where I planned to do the kids' pictures, but they were being kind of wild, and the temple grounds were very busy, so I just opted to walk around myself and get a feel for what areas we might take pictures in for the wedding.

The fountain...

 IMG_0009

The reflecting pond.  This is such a great place to have pictures!  It was crazy to think that I had my wedding pictures here just 13 years ago at this same pond.IMG_0007
The whole temple...here I was trying to get a feel for how much I could get in one shot. 
 IMG_0006

 A silly shot...this is the #2nd picture I took with my camera before we went out.  I was sitting on the couch getting the settings adjusted, and playing with it while the boys were playing with their army guys.  I asked Aaron if he could line some up for me to shoot.  He happily obliged.IMG_0002 Which picture is your favorite?

 

No comments: