Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

All because two people fell in love

We met the summer that I just graduated from High School, and he from college. It seems like so long ago, but yet not really.  The first time I laid eyes on him he caught my attention, but I didn't first think marriage.  I just thought he looked like a fun person to get to know.  But, our paths continued to cross at church, and then when he went away to OSU for his continued college education we started emailing back and forth.  He drove through the drive through a few times where I worked at McDonald's, and would surprise me.  It made my face turn red, and everyone teased me.  We had some fun dates before and after he asked me to marry him, in front of everyone at a new year's eve dance.  Then we were married just about a year after we first met, the next summer.  It all happened so fast.  I was thinking about that time today because it's Valentine's day today, and decided to get out our wedding album with our story and pictures.  Oh, what wonderful memories, and what a sweet time that was.  I realized, probably for the millionth time again, what a lucky girl I am to have such a great guy.  I thought about how much I loved him then, and how much more I love him now.  I'm so glad he's mine! 

129737358802656552129737358802187250
These pictures look like they are straight from the 50's because it was a 50's themed dance that we went to on a date.  I love these pictures.  They make me smile.



This is one of our wedding announcement pictures.  At the time I thought these were not the best pictures of us.  I was slightly disappointed, but I look at them now and I am amazed at how neat some of them are.  I can't believe how young we look too!
129737360025031828

I cannot believe this was almost 13 years ago.  Wow, time flies.  What a great day this was, and everything was so beautiful thanks to many people who helped put it all together.  I loved that we both wore white.
129737360773412084
I love this picture.  I will admit though that we don't wear our wedding bands anymore.  They don't fit!  We just haven't taken the time to get new ones.  They sure were beautiful though.  Maybe someday we'll get some plain bands.
129737359477982130

I have loved thinking about our Wedding day all day today, and it was even sweeter when my Hubby came home and gave me a Valentine card that said "I'm so glad I chose you for forever."  It was so sweet! 

Happy Valentine's day to my Valentine, I love you!

And, Happy Valentine's day to you, my friends and family!  Thanks for all the love and support you give me too.


p.s.  These are the first pictures we have ever had in digital form (we were married before the digital age), so exciting!

No comments: