Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Random thoughts for the day

  • April's pink cowgirl birthday is tomorrow!  I can't wait to see how it all turns out.  I got the idea for it here.  I love how they did it in their trailer with all the vintage stuff, very cute! 
  • August 3rd marked our 6 year anniversary of being at this house where we live currently.
  • I am going to attempt to make this balloon banner for April's birthday, but with pink and white balloons
  • The dollar store has fall stuff up already, made me a little excited for fall.
  • Keeping a homeschool schedule during the summer is pretty hard, but so worth it.  We just want to play some days, and others we just have so much going on!  But, when we get some lessons in I feel like we've accomplished something.
  • Alex started sitting up on his own this week, yay!
  • Alex is a very curious baby, when something catches his eye he sure is intent to get it.
  • April is having one friend sleepover tonight.  It has been a fun tradition since her 8th birthday to have 1 friend over the night before.
  • I am looking forward to this weekend, and the last birthday of the summer for our family.  I used to be able to say the last kids' birthday until next Spring, but now we have a winter baby :-)
  • I really want to rename this blog, but can't figure out what I want to rename it to yet.  I think I want something that relates to learning.
  • I am trying to be a lot better in all I do for my family and in my home everyday.  Being a little more patient with each child, keeping up with the chores a little bit better, being a better planner, and getting better organized.  It's a slow process, but it feels great to, as my good friend Emily says on her blog, "try a little harder to be a little better".  

No comments: