Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

new name for this blog...

Yes, I have changed a lot on this blog!  After much thought, I decided that I should just go back to my old blog name "as long as it takes".  It really does fit me.  Some things just go slow around here, and I am thinking all day long that life takes a long time sometimes (at least for me).  But, thankfully, in the end it all comes together.  

I read this article recently and it really hit home with me because it is something that I have felt the need to change with my blog for quite some time.  It talks about how only focusing on the "great" things and never really writing about real life (aka hard, not so happy things) in a blog can lead readers to think I am this perfect person.  I surely hope I have never made anybody think that, but I am certainly guilty of not writing about real life hardly at all on this blog.  The problem is, I have a hard time doing that.  I have a hard time sharing my faults and imperfections (which are many).  So, I have decided to change the way I do blogging.  I pulled out an old journal from my early years of marriage, and found all the mundane things I wrote about 12 years ago (that I didn't think were important at the time) very interesting.  So, here's what I am going to do...I know for sure that I need to focus more on my personal journal writing (in a place that's not public), so I will post here when I can, but for now I think I'm going to take a break for a while.  I have lots of posts that still might pop up here and there because I am real behind.  But, that's what I don't want to worry about anymore, being behind.  So, we'll see how life goes.  I'm not making any promises.  It might take a while... yep, as long as it takes 

No comments: