Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

A fun SuRpRiSe!

April has wanted to get her ears pierced for a very long time.  First she asked when she was about 5 or 6, I said maybe when you're 8.  Well, when she turned 8, she asked again.  I said, not yet.  How about 12?  Ha, ha, she stopped asking.  I guess I just felt she would be more grown up when she did.  Well now she's 9.5, and my neighbor was talking about taking her baby girl in to get her ears pierced.  Well, then I thought, I guess April is ready, and I guess I'm ready as her mama too.  So, I had the genius idea to take both April and Clara (that's the baby girl's name), at the same time to get their ears pierced.  April just loves baby Clara, it would be a fun girl thing, and I knew she has wanted to get her ears pierced for a very long time, but I decided to make it a SURPRISE.  It was hard but I didn't say anything.  She didn't even have the slightest clue even when we walked into the store Claire's, she still just thought that the surprise was to buy something special for her and Clara....

Well, the clerk at the store asked if we needed any help.  My neighbor Emily said that we did!  Emily explained how this young lady was here for a surprise (and of course the clerk knew right away that it was ear piercing).  Then, Emily said that her baby girl was there to get her ears pierced.  That's when April figured it out.  April immediately said, "I don't like where this is going".  This is when I thought my surprise wasn't really a great surprise.  She got a really worried look on her face.  At first she wasn't so sure she really wanted to do it.  I think it was only because she was worried it would hurt.  So, I talked to her and said she didn't have to do it if she had changed her mind.  She said "well, let Clara go first".  While Clara went she had fun looking at all the different earrings and this is what got her more excited about it.  She really wanted to, she was just worried when it came to actually doing it.

She was a brave girl.  She told me on the way home that she loved the surprise even though she was worried at first.  She said that she knew that she would have been sad later if she hadn't gone through with it, and was glad she did it.

It all happened so fast, I almost didn't get a picture!
P3057874
All done!  All smiles!  She is so stinkin' pretty!
P3057875
Here she is making her final decision about which earrings she wants to buy.  Narrowing her choices down.  Turned out that if she bought 2 the 3rd was free!
P3057877
Sweet Nana (neighbor Emily's Mom), had so much fun looking at all the earrings with her, and was the one that treated her to fun earrings.
P3057878
Baby Alex was the only brother that came along, this was a girls only outing!  Thanks Daddy for letting us girls go out.
P3057879

April and Baby Clara with their new studs.  See how happy April is now?
P3057880
So pretty.
P3057881

No comments: