Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Newborn faces

Oh how I wish I knew then what I know now!  When I first started out my role as a Mother almost 10 years ago, I thought I knew a lot, and was so ready for whatever came my way.  It's amazing how much MORE I know now, and how much more I still have to learn. 

First came little April.  I knew she was going to be a little girl right from the start.  She was the sweetest baby, toddler, preschooler, and she's still sweet (although with a little sass thrown in there).  We had 5 great years, just her and I (during the day), before any more siblings came into the picture.  I played with her a lot in her room and we had fun!  She is the little princess, and I'm so grateful to have her.
DSC00578

Second came little Aaron.  This guy is my little tank!  I remember him being heavy, and hard to hold for very long even at 2 months old.  Nothing April did ever prepared me for this little guy and how much of a handful he was and still is sometimes, but even from the beginning he had my heart wrapped around his finger.  This boy is so special to me, and perhaps the one I worry about the most because he has such a special place in my heart.  I am so grateful to have him.
PICT1657

Third came little Aric.  Look at those cheeks, they are just so adorable, and still are!  That is definitely one of his distinguishing features!  This little guy was my most patient baby.  He was so laid back and just went along with everything, never fussing a lot.  He is still that way, and has a pretty good attention span for a 2 year old.  This little guy was also my longest nursed baby.  He nursed until he was over 2 years old.  The other 2 nursed for a year.  Weaning him was hard, but I am so glad he loved it.  I love my Aric, and am so grateful to have him.
P7200480

Fourth, and last, came little Alexander.  The kids don't seem to want to call him Alex for short, but I do sometimes.  This little guy is still little, and so so sweet.  He is 6 weeks old now, and I could just sit and admire his little newborn face all day long.  He definitely looks like the rest of the family, but I think he reminds me most of April.  I think he may even be getting her reddish hair, but we shall see.  His hair is definitely the thinnest of all 4 kids.  I love his baby smell, his tiny toes, his tiny kicking legs, and even his little cry.  I was sitting, holding him, looking at him, and thinking how perfect he is.  How perfect, and amazing that this little person was created by a loving Heavenly Father and came to our family.  I am so grateful to have him. 
P1317792

Okay, so originally I was going to write about how I have changed as a Mother with each child, but this is what came out.  I like it better.  I liked remembering each baby as a newborn.  I didn't realize how each child would change me so much as a Mother, but they have.  Whether or not I am a good Mommy everyday is debatable, but I know that I've come a long way, and I love these guys more and more each day!

No comments: