Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Good old fashioned roller skating fun

This was last weekend's activity, we took the kids roller skating!  Grandma and Grandpa were up for a visit and we took a vote on different things we could do and roller skating was one of them.  We also went to OMSI (science museum) that day so it was a packed day of fun. 

Miss April absolutely LOVES roller skating!  I've taken her since she was about 2 to this particular skating rink because they have these special times for just preschoolers, so she is a roller skating pro.  She even has her own white with hot pink wheels roller skates that she got for her birthday a few years back.  She loves them, but they are starting to get a bit small.  I think that is the next thing she'll be saving her money for.

Here is Miss April doing the limbo on roller skates.  Look how low she can go!  I think she bumped the pole though.

Here is Aric and Daddy skating.  I was so surprised at how well little Aric did!  He kept his balance pretty well, and only needed a hand to keep up usually.  He loved roller skating!
Here is everybody in the practice area.  Aaron skated with Grandma most of the time, he loves his Grandma!  I love that Grandma got some skates on too.  Aaron is a different story on roller skates.  He doesn't balance very well, and seems to have a little bit harder time, but I'm pretty sure he still had tons of fun!
There she goes...zOoom!
These are actually the before pictures when we first got ready.  Miss April is sporting her white and pink roller skates.
There's Aric, he was ready and such a brave boy!  This was his very first time roller skating.  I can't wait to take him back to the preschool time.  The nice thing about the preschool time is that the Mommy's don't have to put skates on, they can just walk out onto the skate floor to help the little ones, so that works for me for obvious reasons!
Here's Aaron!  He doesn't look so sure about this.  Oh, there's a little smile!  I love this boy, and I love family outings like this.  We all had such a good time.  Even though I didn't get to skate, I enjoyed watching the kids have a lot of fun.
Eventually Aric convinced Daddy to get a pair of skates on as you can see in the picture up above.  He liked holding Daddy's hand, and he was the only other adult who COULD get a pair of skates on.  What a fun day!

No comments: