Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

stART: Franklin goes to school

Aaron has been very excited to go to preschool.  I'm excited for him too, but the other day he was getting a little nervous thinking about it.  I was so happy to find this book on our shelf because I knew he could relate to it and Franklin is such a cute character that he'd never seen before.  We read Franklin goes to school and did a Franklin stand up character on a toilet paper roll for the art project (found here:  dltk character craft ).

This is the finished product.  The jumbo pencil is just for fun.

This is the book, Franklin is such a fun character.  I like him.  I'm glad Aaron did too.

Here are the supplies we started with:

One toilet paper Franklin all complete.  Aaron was very proud and had the idea to even add the book bag like Franklin takes to school.  I think we might do that.
Putting Franklin together with Aaron was lots of fun.  We had the book in front of us and I would give him a piece of the Franklin, like the turtle shell, and ask him where he thought the piece should go.  I was glad to see how detail oriented he could really be with this part.  Like I said, he noticed that Franklin didn't have a book bag like he did in the book. 

Any chance for my boys to make construction like noises is a sure thing.  I told him to just roll the toilet paper roll on to the green paper, he was more than happy to pretend to be a steam roller and even added the sounds! 

To see more story + Art projects hop over to A Mommy's Adventures to see what otehrs have done.  And, to explain a little more what stArt is, basically you read a story and have an art project to go with it. 



No comments: