Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekly workboxes 2

This workbox system is so wonderful!!! I cannot believe how much it has changed/helped our homeschool every day! When I fill the workboxes each night I have to say it feels almost like Christmas! I look forward to Missy seeing what goodies I have for her each day in the boxes. She gets so excited to, and always wants to start right away.

Here are 2 pictures of games that were in the workboxes last week. I'm not going to put pictures of everything just because it's so time consuming. I'll list the other boxes out.

The first is a handmade word family game (to make go see The snail's trail)


Here is the game laid out, the letters or letter combinations in the windows change as you move it to each new color. Pink flyer really liked this game.

I saw this game on Walking by the way, and thought it was genius. It is a writing game where a topic is picked from the strips of paper, and then the dice is rolled and the child starts writing with that many words. Then Mom/teacher takes a turn rolling dice and writes that many words. I thought we came up with a pretty good story, but I have to admit that even though I really liked this game, my p. flyer did not. She played, but wasn't interested in doing it again. Oh well. Cute idea.
Here is a list of other great boxes from the past week:

  1. Abeka 3 math lesson 20
  2. Daily grammar
  3. Magic tree house book on CD
  4. Human body skeleton puzzle
  5. Journal-one topic was "how to make pizza by P. flyer"
  6. Write out 3 x 1 =3 20 times (help with memorization)
  7. Math speed drills (abeka)
  8. Master reader (hooked on phonics)
  9. Multiplication keys (another awesome school tool to help with multiplication memorization)

  10. Copy work (bible verse)
  11. Vocabulary workbook
  12. Skeleton poster center

  13. Thank you note to great Grandma for a birthday present (I love that things as simple as this can be put into the boxes)-great writing lesson: she wrote it in cursive
  14. Ballet lapbook-make ballet clothes book
  15. Music lapbook-fundamentals of music mini book
  16. 3 napkins and 3 inches of tape (think challenge) to create something
Okay, that's obviously not all from one day, there are 12 boxes maximum per day. But, that's a cumulation of many days. I just wanted put up some of the most fun and interesting ones she had. Happy workboxing! To see more workbox ideas go to "My two happy homeschoolers" and see what others have done!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awesome post, thanks for linking up!

Jennifer said...

I just read back through this--wow! You do have a ton of ideas!

Swanson Family said...

I have been looking for some homeschool ideas to fill in on Janae's day's off from Kindergarten (she goes all day Tues, Fri and alternating Wed....crazy, huh?!) I have been watching all of your ideas, and think I'm going to start up a workbox system of our own. Thanks for sharing all of this - and thanks for the links, too!

Desiree said...

Heather-I'm so glad all this is helping you! That was my hope was to pass along some ideas and help others! Getting the workboxes up and running is pretty easy, if you have any questions you can always email me. I'll do my best.

lovinglearningathome said...

Desiree, what great ideas. I saw the sentence game and we're going to try that next week. My son "hates" writing but loves to tell stories so I'm hoping this works. Great workboxes!