Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Tot school=#2 and #3

Tot School
Green flyer is 39.5 months
Blue flyer is 13.5 months


Here are the last 2 weeks of tot school.

We have been having a great time with tot school/preschool the last few weeks! Some of these pictures are just priceless, and they catch such great glimpses of how much these guys are learning. Some of it is tot trays, some itty bitty bookworm, and some just different things we did.

On with the show...

This one is one of my favorites! So, I got the idea to make a-b-c bean bags from Carisa who hosts tot school, and they are a huge hit! My green flyer just loves them! Here he is playing with the 8 that I have done (A-G, plus an extra A). He keeps asking me: "mom can you sit down and make more green bags" (I love how he says green bags). I need to just finish them so he has the whole alphabet...someday they'll be done ;-)

Sunday

Green flyer working on a puzzle, he's getting better at these. He needs me to be helping him with almost every piece though. He really liked this parts of the body one.
Monday2

The final piece...such satisfaction!
Monday

This is one of my favorites of Blue flyer. He is getting a ride on his big sister's scooter. Going outside and riding bikes and running around is part of our daily school (at least until the weather gets more rainy).
P9033741

Okay, this was an absolutely fun activity for G. flyer! I actually made it up on the cuff because he really wanted to use the school glue and glue something. So, I thought of bows from the silly sally book unit that we are doing, and decided to color the bow tie pasta for him. We talked about colors, and used A LOT of glue. We're still working on the glue conservation ;-)
P9033755

Good thing is easy to clean up!...Look at that smile
P9033753

He sure loved this activity too! We played "easter egg" hunt, and I hid all the a-b-c blocks for him to find! This kid has been obsessed about eggs since easter so he was all over the hunt.
Tuesday5

This was one of the trays he could choose from his tot trays. It had his I spy a school bus (easy level 1), and an i spy bag. I asked him to look for certain objects in the bag, and we read the book together. He really enjoys the rhyming of the words in the book, and being able to find the items all by himself!
Thursday3

looking at the i spy bag
Thursday

Okay, so this was our body outline, and I decided to tie it in with the silly sally book worm unit that we started. We traced his body, and he liked that part a lot, but he got grumpy about halfway through (I think something didn't go his way, not sure), so here he is with his grumpiness. I wrote on his poster "silly Aaron goes to town walking backwards upside down" (like the book) and then we hung his poster upside down on the wall. He liked that part.
P9033727

Look at this kid color! He has been so precise in his coloring recently. Look how well he is staying in the lines, when he feels like it he can color really well.
Friday

I don't really do trays for this little guy yet (blue flyer) because he's so young, but sometimes he is really interested in them so I let him do the ones that are most interesting and he really wanted to do this one! He liked it even more than green flyer, and he loves that spoon. It was just scooping beans into a mancala tray.
P8303714

Look at the happy tot schooler!
P8303715

To see what other tot schoolers are up to click on this link> 1+1+1=1


3 comments:

The Activity Mom said...

I like the body outline for the Silly Sally book. We love that book. Will have to give that a try!

Giggly Girls said...

Using the mancala tray...Brilliant!!

I need some beans. LOL

Rebecca said...

Haha, love all the glue- so cute :) And the mancala tray is a great idea!